LUZCO Technologies LLC is seeking an individual interested in designing overhead power lines (12.4kV – 230kV). This job consists of coordination with electrical utilities to upgrade existing sub-transmission lines (32.4-69kV) to utilize fiber optic technology with expectation that work will also include overhead transmission line design. The candidate will be required to perform field survey (in and out of state), evaluate structure strengths, review NESC and client required electrical clearances, prepare construction packages, answer construction questions and prepare record documents. Expected travel duration will be roughly 10-25% in the field with remaining time in the office.
The ideal candidate is a self-driven individual with a minimum of 3 years experience designing overhead power line design. The candidate will have regular interactions with the client/s and will be tasked with addressing client/construction questions. Previous experience in this field is not required. To be considered for this position, please email a copy of your resume to email@example.com.
Note that LUZCO is a small business that is growing rapidly. During the period of growth, we are asking employees to be flexible in the roles they are willing to play as work comes in. The core job will be line design, but survey/inspection work or potentially P6 scheduling work may occur. Willingness to accept these positions to help out the company is desired if needed.
● BS in Civil Engineering (GPA minimum 2.75)
● Passed FE Exam
● PE license (CE or SE) or desire to obtain PE license once qualifying
● PLS-CADD line design experience
● Coursework in Geotech, Structures, Dynamics & Foundations a plus
● Willingness to work overtime if required
● Willingness to fill in alternative roles as the company grows
● Driver’s license with cross-state travel
● Excel and AutoCAD experience a plus
Job Type: Full-time